Thursday, November 28, 2013

It's been awhile...

I haven't blogged since October 14th. Yikes. To catch up, October was beyond awesome... and November... well... November didn't get good until 2 days ago. 


I SAW PEARL JAM IN CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! 

And it was epic. Freaking epic. It was the greatest thing I have ever seen. My mother and I saw them in Oakland, on November 26th, at the Oracle Arena. Yeah, Oakland. We made it out alive and unharmed. Praise Jesus.

Today is Thanksgiving Turkey Day. I survived another one. We actually had three meals... the first meal happened last week. My mother's biological mother (yep, she still holds that title, folks) had her Thanksgiving meal last week, because her and her man are in Morro Bay until December 1st. It went exactly how I expected it to go. I'll take 'let's be distant and fake for $1000, Alex'. Geez.

My Grandmother (on my Dad's side of the family) had her Thanksgiving meal around lunch time. It had pretty much all of the traditional fixings. It was surprisingly peaceful/quiet.
It was just myself, my mother, father, brother, grandmother, my aunt, my uncle, and my uncle's friend (?) "Cat". "Cat" (or however he spells it?) is an... um... interesting dude? I have no idea who he is or where he comes from... or how he knows my uncle? But he was there. Yeah. 

The best meal was my mother's. Of course. LASAGNA!!!!! Heaven. Dr. Pepper, root beer (for my brother), dinner rolls and black olives were also included. Again I say, HEAVEN! Oh, and I should probably mention that it was an immediate family-only dinner. Ha.


The day ends in 10 minutes... I have to wrap this up!

I'm thankful for...

*My family, of course!
*My non-related family! (Pets included)
*My awesomely rad friends.
*Music. Music is pretty much the only thing that keeps me sane. I listen to a lot of bands/artists throughout the year. But this year, I'm most thankful for Def Leppard, Pearl Jam, Hanson (without Hanson, I wouldn't have my ISLANDERS!), Mother Love Bone, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Duran Duran, Suede, Jeff Buckley, AFI, and The Clash.
*My job. Even though it kills me sometimes... I'm on the payroll.
*My health.
*Having a roof over my head.



December is creeping around the corner...

1 comment:

  1. Really glad you had non-invasive "Thanksgiving" Dinnerz. Amazing how the ranters somehow are elsewhere during memorable (warm, fuzzy) events,huh? Big dinners with my family were sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete