Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's the last day of 2013

The last hour, actually. I'm ending 2013 with this face:
THIS FACE.

I probably shouldn't even be blogging right now... but if I don't, I'll probably end up going nuts.

Christmas. I never got to post about Christmas. I hope everyone had a great Christmas/holiday season, whatever floats your boat. If you didn't, keep your chin up, there's always next year!
I had a good Christmas. My main Christmas present was given to me back in November... the Pearl Jam concert. That was seriously the only thing I needed. Like, that was IT. The golden present! The golden present was absolutely epic. Yep. EPIC. Pearl Jam... I looooooove youuuuuuuu!!!!!!! ♥

I guess you could say that I had a very Merry Stonemas. Aside from the Pearl Jam concert, I got a few Mother Love Bone items and a few BRAD cds. Stone Gossard for the absolute friggin' WIN!!!! 
I got a Steel Panther cd for a gag gift... or at least to me, it was a gag gift. I got a few pairs of much-needed fuzzy socks, 2 pairs of corduroy pants, and a little bit of $$.

ALSO, the Christmas cards (and book) that I received from my Island family, pretty much made my entire year. I've never received that many Christmas cards in my entire life. Every day for weeks they would arrive... 3 would come... 5 would come... 2 would come, etc. When the book came... I couldn't. The feels, man... the feels. I am blessed. ♥

My Mother and I took a brief trip to Morro Bay a few days ago... it lasted for a day and a half... if even. My Grandfather passed away sometime around 6-ish - 7:20-ish on Sunday evening. I got a text from my brother. We knew we had to head back to Fresno ASAP. So we packed our stuff, cleaned up the 5th wheel a bit... left at about 10:45PM and didn't get home until about 1:45AM. Didn't even think twice about staying. We HAD to go back home. We had to. 
We weren't even sure if we should've gone to Morro Bay in the first place, but everyone told us to go and that we shouldn't let my Grandfather dying stop us from living our lives. We all knew he probably wasn't going to make it past Monday... but we still had hope.

Shitty. The entire thing was just shitty. There wasn't anything we could do. We all just had to sit and watch him slowly die. Cancer. FUCK cancer. 

He was the only Grandfather my brother and I had. Now he's gone.
I have some of the most awesome friends, by the way. I love them dearly. Their kind words and outpouring means more to me than anyone will ever know. Forever grateful. ♥

Tonight blessed us with another shit storm. My Mother's biological mother is a waste of human life. I have absolutely ZERO respect for that woman. And after tonight, I am done with her. For good. DONE. I am too old for this shit... she is too old to be acting like this. She is a fake, a phony, and a massive fucking idiot. DONE. 

I didn't watch the ball drop last year, and I will not watch the ball drop this year. Instead, once again, I am ending the year/beginning the new year with Pearl Jam. I'm watching Pearl Jam Twenty. I've watched it a zillion times this past year... and I've watched it every night since Sunday. It's keeping me sane. 

Pearl Jam, Def Leppard, Suede and Hanson are keeping me sane right now. Thank god for those bands. Seriously.


I hope everyone has a safe, blessed and Happy New Year. May 2014 be a great year for everyone.













No comments:

Post a Comment