Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Birthday, to me!

Yeah, I'm kinda liking the whole being 28 thing.

I considered the better part of Thursday as being part of my birthday festivities. The start of my birthday festivities, rather. Thursday was pretty freaking EPIC. 

Thursday. I ditched math class and went to Campbell with my Mother, to see Michael Schenker (again). Yeah, we saw the Michael Schenker Group when they came through Fresno last week... but once wasn't enough, we had to see them again. What better day than the day before my birthday?! (I'll be writing stuff on my music blog soon... whenever I fully wake up.) My Mother and I had such an epic time... good freaking gracious. Mom even got to meet Michael Schenker... for free. I seriously thought she was going to faint. We hung out with Carlos the monkey. We got front row, again (I hauled ass, man!)... secured 6 seats. Rocked out and took pics! The pics I took last night were waaay better than the ones I took in Fresno.

We left Campbell at around midnight-ish... the drive back home was a bit rough, so we didn't get home until a bit after 3am. The drive back officially started off my birthday... and boy, was that an experience. 
McDonald's gave me my Dr. Pepper for free because the car in front of us in the drive-thru took forever and a day to get their stuff. It was their way of apologizing for the inconvenience. Score!  That Dr. Pepper tasted wonderful... it had just the right amount of Dr. and the right amount of Pepper! That usually never happens; it's either Dr. Dr. or Pepper Pepper. Happy Birrrrrthdayyyy, to meeeee! Something else happened, but we won't talk about that. I will talk about how silly I become when I am sleep-deprived, though. I become borderline ridiculous. It's actually kinda funny. I was also amped up on caffeine and chocolate... yeah, I was almost bouncing off the walls. Fun stuff.

We finally made it home and we couldn't sleep. Mom went to bed somewhere around 4-ish... but yeah, I stayed awake, watching episodes of "Mr. Belvedere"... I crashed somewhere around 5:30-ish. I got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep. It was lovely. I woke up around 10am (we had lunch plans with a friend of ours) and watched a few more episodes of "Mr. Belvedere"... and then this happened:
(Brice Beckham played "Wesley T. Owens" on 'Mr. Belvedere')
I may or may not have tweeted that I was having a mini- Belvedere marathon on my birthday. Heh.

Speaking of birthday wishes, I have the greatest friends EVER!!!! I got so many amazing birthday wishes today! I loved each and every wish... they were all very much appreciated

Also... A VERY SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO MY ISLAND FAMILY ♥ 
Oh, and a very special shout out to my newest birthday buddy, Ivy Quinn! My Island sista, Tiffany, gave birth to the little cutie this morning! :)


 The birthday lunch: started off by opening a couple of prezzies...

I GOT A UKULELE!!!!!!!!!!

That's a big freaking deal. Hey, Eddie Vedder, call me... we'll jam together! I also got a Mark Ruffalo/Matthew Broderick movie that I've never seen before! We had the lunch and then we played some games. That seems to be the running theme... haha! We played a zombie brain dice game and then "War". 
We were supposed to rest a little bit when we got home but that didn't happen. Woo. Running on empty.

My birthday festivities - the main event. My Grandmother offered to make me a birthday dinner... and it was a very good birthday dinner! I think I ate too much, but what else is new? I'll never learn.

I didn't want cake so I asked for cupcakes, instead. And ice cream.
On a scale of 1 to  Stone Gossard... I'd say these babies were a couple of Stone Gossards!


Speaking of Stoney Pony, I got a Green River CD for my birthday!!!
I also got $$$. Cash is always good, especially when you don't have any...  2 packs of sour gummy worms and a cute little Valentine's bear figurine... I immediately named that little fella, "Stone/Stoney". Ha.

Vh1 Classic also loves feeding my Pearl Jam addiction... I am spending the last 30 minutes of my birthday watching "Pearl Jam: Lightning Bolt". Perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment