Saturday, February 1, 2014

I was a victim of a musical robbery.

It's February 1st... oh, how quickly the days pass by. The days need to slow down a bit, because my birthday is in 13 days... I'm about to turn the dreaded 28. Another year closer to the big 3 0... geeeezussss... but I don't want to talk about that. Jam on...

Math. We all know I love math. Math is sexy. Rawr... NOT! Math is an ugly beast... an ugly beast that will forever be the death of me. Make it stop, please. We had our first test on Tuesday. We were given a study guide last Thursday to work on and to study off of. I did the study guide at least 5-6 times from last Thursday to Tuesday... I could've done it in my sleep. Fast forward to Tuesday... we were handed the tests... only about 10% of what was on the study guide was actually on the test. The thoughts I had are too vulgar to post on here... but there were a lot of f-bombs. A LOT of f-bombs. My next thought? Alright then. Oh, and I should probably mention that we're not allowed to use calculators in my class. Yeah. It's lovely... all kinds of lovely. 26 questions but we were only getting graded for 25... that kind of made things a little better.
I was certain that I had failed it. If not failed, then at least a D. I was bummed. Absolutely bummed. I was also pissed... so very pissed. I mean, why give us a study guide when only a chunk of it will actually end up on the test? It's a complete waste of time... and it gives false hope. I listened to Rage Against the Machine for almost the entire rest of the day/night. I wasn't in a very good mood. Saying that I was disappointed would be an understatement...

Fast forward to Thursday. I had both school and work to deal with. I had to go to work almost immediately after I got out of class... I knew I'd be getting my test back... I was not ready. Getting a failing grade would've made my night at work a living hell. He waited until the end of class to hand our tests back. Looooovely. That was terrible!! I rocked the class work for the day, though. (Now I have 'Rock the Casbah' stuck in my head.) I got my test and walked out the door... I didn't even want to look at it. I got a friggin' 92%. A 92%. I actually verbally asked myself, "How in the actual hell?" Seriously, how?! I missed 3, but only 2 counted. I missed one that I knew I was going to miss... the other 2 were easy ones that I thought I got right. Ha. Oops. I was baffled. I'm still baffled. It was easy stuff compared to what's coming up... but damn... at least give us legit stuff to study. I don't want or need any mathematical mind f*cks.

The P!nk concert. I guess someone hates me because I was given the 'smoking area'. I would've rather have taken 50 math tests in a row. It's mind boggling... ADULTS DO NOT FUCKING LISTEN. What part of you cannot take alcoholic beverages outside with you don't people understand?!?! I don't know if that's a new rule (?) or what, but people could NOT grasp that concept... ALL freaking night. Gawd. The Savemart Center needs to make a sign and put it up, or something. The concert goers thought that I was the one who made this rule. Why would I make that rule? I don't even understand that rule? Give me a break.

I was right by an entrance door... I saw all walks of life walk in and walk by. I was also next to the merch table. I saw some very interesting people. People ranging from 7 years old to 70 years old. ALL walks of life. It was very interesting. My favorite was a guy who walked in wearing a black leather corset, a black mini skirt and black leather knee-high boots. Work it, dude!! The girl in the pink tutu ranked a close (or not so close) 2nd. I got hit on by 6 men and 12 lesbians. I don't know how many times I was told that I was "the cutest security guard ever!!" Or that I was the cutest security guard that they had ever seen. Puppies are cute. Babies are cute. Kittens are cute. I am not any of those things. If one more person calls me "cute", I just might scream. Moving on...

I conversed with a James Franco look-alike... I was alllllll smiles with that one. I literally almost said, "I'm sorry James Franco, you cannot take your beer out to the smoking area." Almost. He was SO CUTE. Then there was one of P!nk's dancers (who shall remain nameless)... I thought she was going to murder me at first. Straight out of a creepy horror flick. Working that particular post was an experience... one I hope to never experience again. I'd rather work a door that doesn't open... I'm becoming less and less of a "people person"... less than I already was before.

After I was cleared of 'smoking area' duty, I was told to go and help out with a post-show meet and greet. The opening band, The Kin were holding a meet and greet after P!nk was over. There were tons of people in line... tons. All the way down the concourse and around the corner. Goodness. Girls were swooning left and right. About 5 minutes after I got there, they randomly stepped aside from their meet and greet. One of the guys yelled something like, "HEYYYY EVERYBODY! ARE YOU READY FOR A MUSICAL ROBBERYYYY?!?!" We were like, "What the hell?!" It started with a nice little drum beat... then they started to walk up/down the concourse a bit while singing about 30 seconds (maybe more?) of "When Doves Cry" by Prince. Of course it had to be a Prince song, right? Geezus. I couldn't help but laugh. That was the strangest, most random thing I have ever witnessed. Once they were done, they quietly walked back to the meet and greet and pretended like nothing ever happened. I was a victim of a musical robbery. It was my first... and hopefully my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment