Friday, October 26, 2012

Caution: John Taylor and Edgar Allan Poe cause extreme happiness...

I am still geeking out over John Taylor's book, "In The Pleasure Groove"... no, I have not finished reading it yet, because I would like to stay in the pleasure groove for as long as I possibly can. haha! When INXS' autobiography came out a few years back, I finished it in 2-3 days, and quickly became sad because there was nothing left to read. Yeah, I am savoring every moment with this book. Slow and steady wins the race.
 As if THAT wasn't enough, John Taylor did an interview on Sirius 1st Wave this morning, at 9am. I had American Lit at 10am, so I could only squee... I mean, listen, for about 30 minutes or so. Thank gawd for DVR. Those 30 minutes caused extreme giddiness... and I do believe that giddiness followed me to American Lit this morning. Mmhmm. This book has super powers (or something?). Since I started reading it, I am finding that I have been enjoying my classes a little better. Or no, let's just say that my classes have been a bit more tolerable. Yeah, I'll go with that. One cannot help but get all giddy and giggly while reading ITPG... some of the things he says are downright hilarious, and you cannot help but smile and laugh.

Which takes me to American Lit. It's just now starting to get interesting. FINALLY!!! Now that it's more than half way through the semester. Ha. We are finally on Volume B for our Lit book and that is the good stuff. We just finished up some Washington Irving readings: "Rip Van Winkle" and "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow". My excitement stems from the latter read. While reading it, I could not help but think of/see Johnny Depp. 'Ichabod Crane' will always be Johnny Depp in my world. Always. Talk about a distraction! 
 Anyway, we spent the class time going over some discussion questions he had given us to work on during class on Wednesday. I went in total dork mode and ended up writing two full pages (both front/back) while answering questions that probably only needed to be a full page in length... I should probably mention that I finished it last night (at home), because I couldn't wait until this morning to answer them. Nerd alert. Yeah, that rarely happens. While talking about 'urban legends', we got on the subject of ghosts and scary stories... all of that jazz. YES!!! As if I wasn't already giddy, our instructor informed us towards the end of class that we would soon be spending some time on Edgar Allan Poe!!! DOUBLE FREAKING YES!!! YES!!! I couldn't help but squee... and I'm pretty sure I even shrieked "yes!" at that moment too.  
  And if THAT wasn't enough, he asked if any of us had seen "The Raven"... and said he had a method to his madness. He asked us for permission to show it, and I'm pretty sure I repeated "yes!" at least 4 or 5 times? My friend Ashley can totally vouch for all of this. Haha! So, not only will we be reading Poe, we will also be watching "The Raven" in class. CAN I GET A TRIPLE YES?!?! John friggin' Cusack!!! This class has never made me so happy. 

Welcome to my world.


No comments:

Post a Comment