Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This is Halloween...

Halloween is my favorite day of the year... I should be saying "ZOMG!!! IT'S HALLOWEEEEEEEN!!!" Not this year. Nope. It's more like, "Woooo... it's Halloween..." Yeah, I'm just not feeling it this year. I've tried everything... and I shouldn't have to try to get into the Halloween spirit. I've had a few Tim Burton movie fests this month, watched Labyrinth... watched all the Freddy and Jason stuff... and some horror movies from the '60s and what not. Most importantly, I've watched "The Crow" and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" I don't know how many times this year and a few times over the last few weeks. Still... meh.  Oh, and I can't forget, I've even jammed to my Halloween playlist, and I've made a last-ditch effort by blogging some of my fave Halloween-ish tunes. Again, nothing... meh.

Not only is Halloween my fave day of the year, October is my fave month of the year. The three H's occur during October:

1) Hockey
2) Halloween
3) Hoodies/hoodie weather

  I need all three of those H's for October to go well. Most importantly, I NEED the FIRST H. HOCKEY. Do I have hockey? Well, sort of... if you count the few KHL games that have been broadcasted. But, NO, I do not have hockey. The NHL has been locked out. For the second time in 8 years. Life without hockey is pure torture. And nothing feels right, nor does it feel normal. There's like a big, black hole in my world/life. Very few people I know understand that. But it's true. There is a huge void. Everything else is just, meh. I don't care. But I care about hockey. Gary Bettman, GIVE ME MY HOCKEY, DAMMIT!!!!! (For those who don't know, the NHL has been locked out until at least November 30th.) So yeah, a hockeyless October = no bueno. I have the other two H's... but without hockey, those are meaningless. It's just a huge damper.

Aaaaand having Halloween drop on a Wednesday? Ew.

Halloween is dead. Or at least this year it is... here's hoping for a better Halloween 2013. I do however, have a smidge of halloween friendliness in me, so... Happy Halloween, everyone!!! For those who are trick-or-treating or taking your kids out, be safe!!!

 Since I'm wearing my RHPS 'Dr. Frank-N-Furter' shirt, I'll leave everyone with this....

No comments:

Post a Comment