Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What's with all the plaid?

Is today National Plaid Day or something?

I'm guilty of the plaid... but it was a spur of the moment decision this morning. Sir Cuteness also wore plaid (a darker shade of blue than my shirt) and the cute math guy wore plaid... as well as about 30 other people that I saw today. Totally random... or was it?! Dun, dun, dunnnn... it's all a conspiracy; we're all plotting to take over the world. 

World Lit was a bore, but what else is new? At least there were more than 9 people in class today... and/or it wasn't cancelled. My mind wasn't on World Lit, though. I was running a tad late this morning... but apparently, I had perfect timing! Brief interaction with Sir Cuteness FOR THE WIN!!! Have I mentioned that he was totally adorable? Well, he is. I can't help it... and apparently he can't help it, either. I love totally random moments. I really do. I know it's not going to go anywhere, but I'm liking the verbal interaction. That's all that matters, as far as I'm concerned. Constant smiling and eye contact just wasn't going to cut it. 

But yeah, back to boring World Lit. I think our instructors illness has gotten worse. He talks a lot lower/softer than he did before... and classes keep getting shorter. He handed out the prompt for our 2nd and last essay... all I can say is "Yikes!" A big, fat, yikes! He's letting us pick our own topic/junk to write about. Um, no? I'd rather him just tell us what to write. In English this time. He also handed out readings for the final couple of weeks... the readings end on May 7th. That's 11 days before the semester is supposed to end? Though he did mention something about printing out poetry... so maybe that'll last us until the final day? If not, my semester ends on May 7th, baby!

So yeah, the plaid thing was spur of the moment. I was going to wear one of my Def Leppard shirts... today is April 23rd... Steve Clark's 53rd birthday would have been today. Steve is (and will forever be) one of my favorites. I wear Leppard shirts on this day every year... but I couldn't today. I was already half way to becoming a wreck. I posted a pic on Facebook and changed my profile picture to a picture of Steve... that's all my heart could take. Normally, I would also jam to old school Leppard all day... I did that today, but not really by choice (at first). I did NOT want bawl like a baby in the library. I decided to put my iPod on shuffle (there's like 8100 songs on there?)... and the first song? "Gods of War" by Def Leppard. Geezus. Goosebumps central. And yeah, I bawled like a b*tch. Zero shame. Oh, and the next song after that? "Wasted" by Def Leppard... Steve wrote that song. From that moment on, I decided to just make it a full Leppard jam session. I had constant goosebumps for well over an hour... with tears in my eyes... people probably thought I was on something. Again, no shame. Steve Clark Forever!!

Math class. I'm really going to miss these people. Well, not all of them... but I will miss about 7 of them. Just like last semester (in that case it was like 4? haha!). I don't know what it is, but I like the people in my math class more than I do the people in my English class... just like last semester (with the exception of 2 or 3 people). Probably because of a lot of the English majors in our classes have been stuck-up ass clowns. 
Math class ends (for the majority) on May 2nd... May 7th is the day where you can come in and check your final grade, as well as your grade for the last test (Ch. 6). If you've passed you can leave... if you're not at a passing grade, the final day is May 14th. Either way, we all get an early vacation. Yeeee!

OH! We took a hellacious test last Thursday and I totally thought I bombed it... 100%, yo!! Miraculous. Absolutely miraculous. Two 100% scores in a row. It's a miracle. 

The San Jose Sharks are an absolute buzzkill. Mhm. Not all the time... but a good majority of the time. I don't even think they've clinched a playoff spot yet? Tonight's their last home game of the regular season... and I believe they have another game or two on the road? Yeah, they better clinch a damn playoff spot.  

Songpop awaits.

*EDIT* (10PM) The San Jose Sharks are headed to the playoffs!!!!!! ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment