Friday, February 8, 2013

I love James Dean.

I will forever love James Dean.

James Byron Dean (February 8, 1931-September 30, 1955)

James Dean would have been 82 years old today... I'm tellin' ya, Aquarians rule! James Dean is one of my favorite actors, even though he had a short acting career. Rebel, legend, and a true badass. Saying that he was "talented" would be an understatement. That man is a legend... and he will always be a legend. Dean was special and unique. He wasn't just an actor; he was a photographer, musician (he played the bongos, and he loved music), he was a dancer... he was an all-around artist. He also loved to read. That's sexy. Mhm! 
  
Yeah, I'm a little obsessed. Ha! Well, people think I'm obsessed... but I just have a huge admiration for him. The dude was talented and he was sex on legs. The man was gorgeous!  
Hubba-mother friggin-hubbaaaa!!  

Those eyes... that smile... and that face ♥
 But in all seriousness, I think he was a brilliant actor. He was so brilliant, that it's hard to tell when he was actually acting. He was a method actor... he became the character he was portraying. The characters in both "Rebel Without a Cause" and "East of Eden" were eerily similar to Dean, so it probably wasn't that hard for him to act those parts. Even though he was "acting", you really felt that was Dean was "Jim Stark" and "Cal Trask"... it was all genuine. His emotions were real... he gave everything and put everything he had into those roles. Everything was authentic... and boy did he shine in those movies. Those are such classic films... and they always will be. 
People always mention "Rebel Without a Cause" when talking about James Dean...
... and they should, because he was absolutely brilliant in that movie, and that pretty much made Dean "The Rebel"... however, I think his greatest work was "East of Eden". That's my favorite Dean film. I like the brooding, loner, emotionally disturbed (yet sweet), "Cal Trask." I also like that "Cal" was misunderstood... just like Dean... and just like me.
One of the reasons why I am so drawn to James Dean, is because I feel like I can semi-relate to him. Not because we're both Aquarians... but because of similar personalities... and the fact that he marched to the beat of his own drum (much like myself). I think if I were alive back in his day, and was around his age, we would've been BFF's. Mhm! Kindred spirits, if you will. Except for his love of driving/racing... I'd prefer to be in the passenger seat. But yeah, I see a little bit of him in myself. James was brooding, a bit of a loner, shy/quiet, and mysterious, but he was also quite silly! And adorable. Again, misunderstood...
(A young, adorable, James!)
AND HE LIKED CATS!!!!

So yeah, I just pretty much love James Dean. I don't care what anyone says... he will always be one of my favorites!

 Happy 82nd Birthday, Jimmy! I'll see ya on the other side...



*P.S.- Shirtless Jimmy? Yeah, I've got that, too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment