Monday, December 31, 2012

It's the last day of 2012

... and I'm spending it on the couch, with my cat, listening to Pearl Jam Radio on SiriusXM. I am such a party animal! Rawr.

I think sitting on the couch listening to Pearl Jam Radio is a great way to end the year/ring in the new year, don't you think? Well, I think it is. I might watch a movie later, but I'm not sure... we're going to have pizza for dinner, so that's my main focus right now. Pearl Jam and pizza. Ha! 
I usually watch the ball drop and all that jazz, but this year, I don't think I am. That hasn't excited me in years. I'd rather be watching John Cusack... or a John Hughes movie at the stroke of midnight. That's much more exciting!

I don't know what I'll be doing tonight, but I can tell you one thing: I won't be getting drunk. I don't see the point in that... or the fun in that... and I never have. Drinking yourself sick? No thanks. Having your head in the toilet for most of the night/early morning, puking your guts out? No thanks.

But if that's your thing, please be responsible. If you know you're going to drink, don't drive. Get a designated driver... or if you're partying/drinking at a friend's house, crash at your friend's house for the night. Have fun, but please be safe... and don't be stupid.

I see this on Facebook every year around this time:
AAA is offering "Tipsy Tow."

You don't have to be a AAA member. From 6pm-6am New Year's Eve/Day, they will take your car and your drunk ass home at no cost!

Save this number 1-800-222-4357!

Take advantage of this FREE service!
  
I believe it's nationwide, so no excuses! 

For some, 2012 was a great year... but for others, 2012 was a shitty year. For me, 2012 was an interesting year... a stupid year... a great year... a bad year... all wrapped into one. In brief, 2012 had it's moments. haha! I hope 2013 will be better.


Here's hoping that 2013 will be a great year for everyone!!!
Have a safe and happy new year!!!


P.S.- If Pearl Jam tours the U.S. in 2013, I WILL go see them, dammit!! Even if I have to sell everything in my possession to do so, I will. It's gonna happen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment