Saturday, January 19, 2013

I'm watching a hockey game...

A HOCKEY GAME!!!!
AN NHL HOCKEY GAME!!!!

My world is complete. My heart is complete. Well... almost. It's not a Sharks game. Their season opener is tomorrow... then everything will be complete. But yeah, things are good in my world right now.

To think I almost (yes, almost) chose to boycott this "season". When they first announced the schedule for the 48 game season, only 9 (yes, NINE) Sharks games were scheduled to be televised. Ummm... NO! That wasn't going to work. F*ck that. Buuuuut they just announced the televised schedule a few days ago... and BAM! All 48 Sharks game will be televised. I'm back in. Why the potential boycott? Well, us fans have already been screwed over enough. 1) Two (yes, TWO) lockouts in the last 8 years. 2) We've gone almost half of this season without any NHL games. 3) No Winter Classic. None of my teams are ever in the Winter Classic, but still. It's something that every hockey fan looks forward to, whether or not their team is playing in it. I was NOT about to get screwed over even more by not having my Sharks games televised.

But like I said, things are good! I'm watching the Blackhawks play the Kings... in L.A. I enjoyed watching the Stanley Cup festivities... but I STILL can't believe the Kings won the Cup. My Father's team won the Stanley Cup before my team. Meh. I like Kopitar and I like Brown... but I can't go for that (no can do). hahaha!

However, L.A. Kings fans are rather quiet right now: the Kings are down 4-0 in the 2nd period. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment