Saturday, January 26, 2013

I bleed teal.

Patrick Marleau became the first player in 95 years to score multiple goals in four straight games to start a season. He is the first player to achieve this since Cy Denneny in 1917-18. Mhm! He scored another 2 goals today. He as also the #1 star of the game... again.

Patrick Marleau is STILL a BEAST!!!!

What can I say? The San Jose Sharks are kicking ass and I am loving it. Every single second of it.

Today's game was an early one! The puck dropped at 1pm (PST)... these types of games are rare for the Sharks. But the early didn't start didn't phase them. Not one bit. If anything, it lit a fire. The San Jose Sharks whooped the Colorado Avalanche, 4-0. I love it then the Sharks beat the Avalanche... it's rather personal... ha! This wasn't just a Marleau win, this was a team win. Today was also Scott Gomez's first game as a San Jose Shark.

Let's get to it!!

I only had to write 1 letter... well, actually, it was more like a note. Probably the most informal one, yet.
A fight broke out about 10 minutes after I tweeted this. Twitter ate my tweet, though. A fight broke out after a controversial hit took place. Brad Stuart sent Gabriel Landeskog flying. Twitter pretty much exploded at that point. Was it a clean hit? Was it an illegal hit? A lot people are saying it was clean and a lot of people are saying it was a dirty hit, and that Stuart should be fined/suspended. My take? It happened really fast. Even with the replays are a bit fast. I'm not bias (I'm not a fan of Stuart and I never have been) but I call a clean hit. From what *I* saw, his arm was down, it wasn't an elbow, he used his shoulder... and I don't think he was intentionally going after Landeskog's head. I could be wrong. But I've seen hits that were far worse and far dirtier. Anyway Ryan O'Byrne instigated the fight with Brad Stuart... causing Stuart to only get a 5 minute major and O'Byrne getting 19 minutes.

About 1 minute later (11 minutes after my "note" ha!) ... this happened. Mhm! 
Marleau scored!! (assists: Pavelski and Boyle) Then about a minute and a half later, he scored again!! (assists: Pavelski and Boyle)
Marleau really WAS a trending topic on Twitter!!
Joe Thornton and Brad Stuart were also trending topics throughout the game... Stuart trended the longest.

Early in the 2nd period, "Jumbo" Joe Thornton gave the sharks a 3 goal lead! (assists: Clowe and Marleau)
Late in the 2nd period, Matthew Irwin scored his first NHL goal!! (assists: Havlat and Clowe)

No goals were scored in the 3rd period but it really didn't matter. At that point, I think the Sharks were focusing on not letting any goals get past Greiss. The Sharks succeeded! 

Thomas Greiss got his first NHL shutout!!
 Today's win was absolute team effort. Everyone stepped up. It wasn't just one person... or a handful of guys... everyone worked hard. The 3rd and 4th lines really stepped up their game.  
 I think Thomas Greiss should start more often... I prefer him over Niemi... less heart attacks when Greiss plays. True story.

The Sharks are now 4-0. Still undefeated.
We get the Sedin sisters tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment