Sunday, January 20, 2013

SHARKS WIN!! SHARKS WIN!!

 Absolute happiness

I've missed my Sharkies. I've missed seeing Patrick Marleau on my TV screen. I've missed the teal.
The Sharks' pre-game show almost killed me. The anticipation was absolutely thrilling... and the pre-game, on-ice interview with Patrick Marleau was absolutely fabulous. 

The game didn't start out that great. The flames pretty much owned the first period. Niemi held his own, though... even though Calgary scored in the first period, making it 1-0... but that was the only goal they scored. I know we can't expect much right now... or for the first few games of this new "season" for that matter, but the way the Sharks played in that first period was absolutely terrible. Something needed to be done during that first intermission... something needed to done to light that fire.

Something was done.

2nd period... one word name: MARLEAU!!!! My man, Marleau was on FIRE!!!! He scored the first goal for the Sharks (I predicted that, btw). About a minute or so later, Havlat scored, making it 2-1 Sharks. Heck to the yes!! The Sharks were pretty much owning it at this point. Marleau scored again!!! 3-1 Sharks! Yeah, Marleau is a beast!! Now, I'm not going to take full credit for this... but I will take some credit. I wrote one of my famous Facebook letters to my dearest Sharkies, asking for something spectacular to happen... Marleau brought the spectacular not long after that. Haha! Those "letters" work 7 out of 10 times... just sayin'. ;) Ha!

3rd period went well for the Sharks... Niemi made damn sure that Calgary would remain with their lone goal. I have to give Niemi some props... the Flames were all over him tonight, but he held his own! He played a great game!! Dan Boyle scored in a goal in the right net! Hooray! 4-1 Sharks. Final. I also fully enjoyed the post-game Marleau interview.


The Sharks started out a bit shakey... okay, way shakey, but the fire was lit, and they ended up kicking ass!! What a great way to start off the season!! The Sharks play Edmonton next (in Edmonton)... then they return home for their home opener on Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment