Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ball Of Confusion...

I'm currently listening to Love and Rockets... hence the naming of this post. Sirius XM's "1st Wave" is a super fabulous station, by the way! Yeah, I think it has surpassed "Hair Nation" for being my favorite Sirius station. Anyway...

 I tried to pull my first ditch of the semester this morning... yeah, I know, I'm a little late, seeing how there's only about 3 weeks left. Ha! Normally I'd have about 4 absences or so by now? But yeah, I've been a perfect little angel this semester. I was going to ditch English, but not math. I could never ditch math. You miss one class and you'll get behind... we learn something new each day, and the instructor I have this semester doesn't go back and re-teach stuff... unless it's the day before the test. I hate math and math hates me, so I would never dare to miss a day. Anyway, I get a message from my friend at 9:57am saying "No English class!" Class was canceled. Epic fail. Yeah, I'm psychic or something? I picked a superb day to ditch, eh? Our class is already behind... now we're even more behind. Just give me Poe already!! At the rate we're going, we'll never get to Poe. We don't have much time left...

Speaking of math, why do I even need to take it? I'm an English Major. I think the stuff I learned from elementary-high school is good enough. As long as you know how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide... I think you're good. Maybe learn some decimals, some fractions... maybe some percents. Anything past that is one big ball of confusion. It's absolutely useless and is a complete waste of time. Unless you're a math or accounting Major. I wish our college system was like Canada's: take your major classes and get the hell out. Just like that. I understand that's how these institutions make their money, but come on. It's a waste of time and money. Buuuuut I'm gettin' down to the nitty gritty... I only have a few classes left, and I'll FINALLY be done with college. It only took fifty years... okay, not really fifty, but it friggin' feels like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment