Friday, November 16, 2012

Today was a good day...

... well, except for the Taco Bell incident. But I'll get to that later.

I had a good morning, and I am so not a morning person. The cute boy was adorably cute this morning. I saw him as I was walking to class... he turned and saw me, and flashed that adorable smile. Ugh... it makes me sick. haha! He's adorably strange in class, though. He's just as confusing as I am... that's why it could never work. ha! And no, I will never mention any names. Ever. (And no, Ashley, it isn't "Bettman".) Also, I will not answer any "yes or no" questions. A girl's gotta have a few secrets! Anyway, a good chunk of the people in my American Lit class didn't come today, but what else is new? I tend to like it that way. I'm not a big fan of people... so the smaller the class size, the better. We discussed Emerson's "Merlin"... I actually liked that reading. That doesn't happen very often. I also liked the discussion we had in class... which also doesn't happen very often. I liked what everyone had to say. Well, except for "Bettman". I never like what he has to say. But whenever my instructor says "Emerson", it always makes me think of Emerson Drive. That makes me smile. Every.Single.Time. But the smile only lasts for a few minutes, maybe even a few seconds... then I get kinda bummed out. But anyway, I got "picked on" today, which means I got called on. I actually didn't mind, because it was a question I could actually answer. It was a question about myself and writing... yeah, I think I can answer that. Towards the end of class, a guy (I forgot his name... I'm not sure I ever knew his name?) made a comment about "Merlin"... something along the lines of 'people thinking things are trivial but they really aren't'. I sooooo wanted to blurt out "Nothing is trivial." A reference to "The Crow." The scene where Brandon Lee ("Eric Draven") is inside the police officer's house having a heart-to-heart (if you want to call it that). That scene makes me crumble every time I watch that movie. But today, thinking about it made me smile. Yeah, I think I randomly smile way too much in that class... my instructor probably thinks I'm a smiling idiot or something? It's the little things in life, man... the little things. 

Moving from American Lit to math. I had a test this morning... no pressure. Nope. Normally it takes me the entire class period to finish one of those things... but today, it took me about 25 minutes. BAM! I was like the 5th person done? I finished early, so I was able to get my test results almost immediately. I PASSED! 89%. Again, I say... BAM! Only one more test to go... I think I've got this. Yeah. Oh, and I totally have INXS to thank. Well, not entirely, but they totally made a contribution. We're allowed to listen to music while we take tests... I almost chose my Cure/Simple Minds playlist... but at the last minute, I heard INXS in my head. I had to go with my fave Aussie boys :) And it didn't hurt that I took the practice test 3 times last night... ha! Since I passed on the 1st attempt, I don't have to go to class on Wednesday! Woot woot!

We were supposed to go out with Dad tomorrow, but we decided to go today, instead. We wanted to beat the rain. (Watch it not rain tomorrow!) Anyway, I FINALLY found a pair of shoes. My feet are a stupid size. 9 1/2... yeah, I have big feet. I'm special. Well, actually, they're anywhere from 9-9 1/2, depending on the shoe/boot. We've been looking for 2 weeks for a damn pair of shoes... shoes that I liked. I wanted Vans... but they don't make them like they used to anymore. Vans were no longer an option. DC shoes... 9s are too small and they don't make a lot of 9 1/2 shoes. Welcome to my life. 9 1/2s are few and far between... but the one(s) I wanted aren't made in 9 1/2. Again, welcome to my life. Buuuut all of that bullsh*t ended today. Somebody finally told us that DC shoes were made a half size bigger than your foot. So the 10s that I thought were too big, were actually the right size. I tried on some random 9 1/2 shoe and that shit was too small. HA! Of course. I could've gotten the first size 10 shoe that I wanted on the first try, 2 weeks ago. Derp. So yeah, back to the mall we went. Shoes were purchased. Hallelujah.

Having Taco Bell for dinner should have been a good thing. Well, maybe not for our bodies or our insides... but for the taste buds (which I just got back, btw?) it should have been heavenly. It was, kinda... but it was absolutely buzz-killed. I'm not even sure what went down? All I know, is that there was a lady outside that may or may not have been with a family that was sitting inside... well, she pretty much collapsed outside. She got out of the car (we think?)... one of the family members inside walked outside... all of a sudden she's pounding on the window screaming for someone to all 911. We all looked outside and saw a lady (who was NOT looking well, AT ALL) squished up against a parking pole (not sure if she was having a seizure? heart attack? stroke? No clue). All of a sudden she fainted/collapsed and started shaking on the concrete sidewalk. She smacked her face/nose on the pole and there was blood all over the side of her face. Yeah, it was f*cking scary. I should probably mention that the family members (?) were screaming/crying like she was dying... we had no clue what the frack was going on... but it didn't look good nor did it sound good. All of a sudden all of the screaming stopped. One of two things: 1) Is she okay? 2) Did she die? WHAT THE F*CK, MAN??? About 5 minutes or so later, the ambulance came, CPR was given to her and they carried her away on the stretcher. She looked like she was responsive... but she still didn't look well. No clue? But I hope she's okay. That was absolutely horrifying. I was scarred for a while. I wasn't really hungry after that.



2 comments:

  1. HE'S IN OUR CLASS!!! OMGA I so thought, well I guess I wasn't thinking! Imma be eyeing everyone in our class! heheh :D && yea I can see why your going to steer clear of Taco Bell! Thats intense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll make the dudes in our class become paranoid... bahahaha!!! There's only like 2 weeks left, so maybe they won't become *too* paranoid :P

    Yeah, I'm totally laying off Taco Bell for a while... that was just... no bueno. I layed awake until 4am, I couldn't get the images out of my head :/

    ReplyDelete